canning at it’s finest! (credit goes to Ruth and Cathy)
2 cups of corn 1½ cups of flour
2 eggs 1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp smoked paprika ½ cup of milk
1½ cups grated mature cheddar Olive oil
1 tsp of salt
- In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, creamed corn, eggs, cheddar, smoked paprika and salt and mix well.
- Sift in the flour I the baking powder and mix well.
- Slowly stir in the milk until the batter is not too thick and drops off a spoon easily. (The batter should not be so thin that it spreads too much when the cakes are being fried).
- Heat a large frying pan and add about an inch of oil.
- Using a regular tablespoon spoon the batter and gently drop into the hot oil. When bubbles begin to appear in the batter it is time to gently flip the fritters over. Cook about the same amount of time on the other side and remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain.
When serving your fritters serve them nice and warm with salsa or guacamole. Or maybe an avocado salsa.
Find your favorite Bourbon (I used Evan Williams). Add a couple sprigs of Rosemary, a few sliced fresh peaches. I used about 4 regular sized peaches. And add a concentrated fruit juice. I used Mango. This is completely optional. I let it sit outside for a few hours to marinate. You may also do this in the refrigerator.